"Settings | New note on | Two Returns" Behaviour Changed in 1.3.10

Ceri Jones

10 May, 2013 09:59 AM

Hello,

It would like to bring to your attention some strange behaviour that I have been experiencing in ThinkBook since v. 1.3.10. It appears that the behaviour of "Settings | New note on | Two Returns" has changed.

In previous versions hitting return twice created a new note without any problems.

Since 1.3.10 hitting 2 returns creates an unnecessary carriage return in the note in which you start hitting return.

This behaviour is not consistent, and occasionaly it proves very difficult to remove the extra carriage return as placing your finger on the note puts the cursor at the end of the text, not on the new line (again, this is not consistent. Sometimes the cursor appears where you expect it and you can remove the extra return).

Please note that I am now running version 1.4.0, and this version still exhibits the same behaviour.

Thank you and regards,

Ceri Jones

1. 1 Posted by banham on 10 Nov, 2013 10:43 PM

I too have discovered the same issue when selecting the two returns option. Often an additional line is inserted for no reason. When I go out of the page and return the line often disappears indicating a screen refresh issue perhaps

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac