Deleting blank notes

mikestrout

22 Feb, 2013 09:38 PM

I have found it very easy to create blank notes accidentally, but it is a bit of a hassle to delete it. Consider this workflow...

1. Finish typing one note (keyboard is displayed)
  2. I add another note by clicking the note button or double-enter'ing
  3. I decide I either don't want the type of note that is created or I don't want the newly created note at all
  4. I try to swipe the note to the slider, but that just hides the keyboard
  5. I then have to swipe the blank note again, click the slider, click Delete Notes and then have to confirm the delete

That is five actions simply to delete a blank note. I propose this method be added...
1. Finish typing one note (keyboard is displayed)
2. I add another note by clicking the note button or double-tapping the enter key
3. I want the note gone, so I double-tap the backspace key.
4. Because the note has no content, the function simply deletes the note and switches the focus to the note above it with keyboard still displayed, so I can continue editing the note I had previously left or I can add the correct new note type.
5. This time, the note is deleted with one intuitive double-tap action.

BTW, thanks for creating this app. I have been using it for a few days now and find it is really helping me organize my projects.

Mike

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by emolina on 07 Mar, 2013 04:36 AM

Thank you Mike! this one is already on the todo list, it's just a matter of finding the time now.

2. 2 Posted by termitedidge on 13 Jul, 2013 12:20 AM

I agree with this. Perhaps also consider this:

When a note is created, but no text is added before the user moves to a different element- delete the note. I.e blank notes are removed automatically.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac