ThinkBook for iPhone?

Eric Parfenoff

02 Aug, 2012 04:23 PM

Will this app be available for the iPhone?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by emolina on 06 Aug, 2012 03:00 AM

Eventually, but there isn't a timeline for it.

2. 2 Posted by GroundSwell on 05 Sep, 2012 09:23 AM

I would really appreciate an iPhone app the would at least read files and let you check off todo's and perhaps change alert settings.

Also, priorities for to todo lists with sorting would be nice.

3. 3 Posted by Roland on 20 Oct, 2012 05:42 AM

Yes, please count me in for iPhone.

But then of course there should be some synch, maybe via Dropbox, Evernote or iCloud.

I bought ThinkBook for € 1,50.
    That's pretty cheap.
    I'd pay the same again for the iPhone app.

Thank you!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by emolina on 25 Oct, 2012 03:36 AM

Thanks Roland!

5. 5 Posted by Kevin on 26 Oct, 2012 11:32 AM

Hands up for an iPhone version. What would be the best app to c & p to thinkbook

6. 6 Posted by Steve on 27 Oct, 2012 08:24 AM

I love Thinkbook. It is a beautiful, intuitive, and unique app perfect for outlining and planning various things from books to stand-up comedy sets. There really is nothing like it on the app store. Thank you for an excellent app.

The only thing I could ask for would be an iPhone version, as I do most of my thinking on the go and not always when I have my iPad handy. It would make a perfect addition to an almost perfect app.

Thanks.

7. 7 Posted by Katya on 29 Oct, 2012 04:10 PM

Love ThinkBook! An iPhone version (with sync) would be a huge help.

8. 8 Posted by Mike on 08 Nov, 2012 09:41 PM

I will also voice my support for an iPhone app. I love this app, can't get enough of it. Making it available for the iPhone would be awesome. Fair warning, the second you make it available for the iPhone, I'm going to bug you for a Mac version.

9. 9 Posted by Marco on 04 Jan, 2013 10:58 AM

Hi,
    I am using Think Book on my Ipad and i think it will boom this app the chance to edit view and sync with iphone, because most of the time people have their phone with them and this is not the case for all Ipad users.
    Are you planning to release an Iphone version? do you have an idea when?

10. 10 Posted by Olivier on 04 Jan, 2013 12:14 PM

I just have my IPhone and miss the wonderful thinkbook app as well. On iPad I use it for notes and actions and it would be very nice to look up actions and check them of on iPhone!!

11. 11 Posted by aharvey on 05 Jan, 2013 09:55 PM

Add my name to the list of Thinkbook users who think an iPhone app would take this app to the next level! However, I personally think it doesn't make as much sense to try to stuff a full-blown outliner into a relatively tiny iPhone screen; while it would be nice to be able to access the information best added on the iPad (and probably make changes, I guess), what would be awesome would be to access to-do lists, generated in the full iPad app, on the iphone. Syncing would be critical here, of course. Top-notch app, just one step away from being my #1 app!

12. 12 Posted by Jay Hats on 29 Jan, 2013 09:15 PM

I've used a lot of different outliners as well as a bunch of GTD task managers. Things, OmniFocus, Workflowy, OmniOutliner, Taskpaper. But nothing compares with Thinkbook IMHO.
    I use it as an outliner tool / brainstorm book, and with the use of tags it makes a PERFECT ToDo app!!
    Brilliant.
    The support via a synced iPhone app would be the only thing that I miss. I have to take notes along the way using another app...
    Thumbs up for iPhone support!
    Thanx for Thinkbook man!!

13. 13 Posted by dmcmichael on 10 Mar, 2013 07:10 PM

Add one more to the list who would love to see an iPhone version asap. Thinkbook with slider/tags/search is great for GTD. But lack of an iPhone app to view and update todo lists keeps me trying other apps. So far, I have always come back. Would happily pay whatever you ask for an iPhone version that syncs easily. Only negative comment on Thinkbook is Dropbox sync can be very slow.

14. 14 Posted by Joe on 11 May, 2013 12:25 AM

What do you recommend to use on iphone while on go? Can I copy my todos each day from Thinkbook to an iPhone app? Also to copy notes back to Thinkbook from an iPhone app?

15. 15 Posted by Hector on 28 Jun, 2013 02:18 AM

Love this app but hate being tied down to an ipad. Please, make this app available for iPhone. Dropbox or iCloud sync between iPad and iPhone. Willing to pay for iPhone app.

16. 16 Posted by termitedidge on 13 Jul, 2013 02:20 AM

Yes please! Would happily pay extra for this app on the iPhone, but would prefer it to be universal. The ability to sync between devices on iCloud would be crutial.

17. 17 Posted by Daniel on 07 Oct, 2013 02:46 PM

Maybe the first version for iPhone will be just to be able to read and sync with iPad line a viewer. I would be willing to pay for a iPhone version again.

18. 18 Posted by hue on 07 Jan, 2015 04:41 AM

i vote for thinkbook to be available for the iphone as well. i've been using thinkbook for ipad for a while now and nothing beats it for text organization. i will gladly pay again for both an iphone and an ipad version that will sync with each other and to icloud/evernote/dropbox...whatever.

19. 19 Posted by victor on 16 Mar, 2015 10:49 AM

Will buy version for iPhone

20. Support Staff 20 Posted by emolina on 16 Mar, 2015 12:21 PM

Hi all, I hope to get this feature (iPhone and Sync) into beta testing early next week.

If you are reading this and are on twitter please look me up at @bitolithic as I will be requesting beta testers for it there.

21. 21 Posted by Victor Son on 16 Mar, 2015 12:37 PM

Thanks for this Email,
    I will be happy to assist you with testing if you want
    i'm a QA Engineer using iPhone 6 (also have 5s, iPad mini and iPad Air 2 if needed)
    But please if you can notify me by email since i'm not often using Twitter and probably will miss your tweet.

BR,
    Victor

Sent from my iPhone

22. 22 Posted by Kevin Moore on 16 Mar, 2015 02:15 PM

Hi there, I'm excited that there will be an iPhone version of Thinkbook and would like to be a tester. Unfortunately I'm not on Twitter so I'll miss your tweet. If you can, please email me on [email blocked] if I can help.
    Kevin.

23. 23 Posted by Mike R on 25 Mar, 2015 02:43 PM

I've loved Thinkbook for a couple years now. It's on my list of must-have apps for college students and writers. As others have said, I often get brainstorms while doing other things and don't have my iPad handy. I'm so happy to read that iPhone and synch are in the workshop.

As others have said, I'm likely to miss your Tweet because I never really look at my Twitter feed, though I'll follow you anyway. But I want to help test the beta, if I may. I have an iPhone 6, iPad 4 and a Mini 2. I also have a Dropbox so I'm ready to test the hell out of it.

I've spent the last couple days testing outline apps that are already available for iPhone and iPad and not one of them comes close to ThinkBook. Cloud Outliner takes forever to synch if it synchs at all and even then it creates Outline, Outline 2, Outline 3. I hated it. It's also not as easy to use.

I know for a fact you can do a better job than that. Please let me help!

24. Support Staff 24 Posted by emolina on 25 Mar, 2015 08:48 PM

How about I post here when it's ready? It's getting close! I spent
    yesterday making images for notebook covers.

25. 25 Posted by rem736 on 26 Mar, 2015 07:33 PM

that's fine. thanks. can i also get a link to the message site. i seem to have lost it and can't find it anymore.
    thanks.

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:49 PM, emolina <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv8423413755 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8423413755 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

26. Support Staff 26 Posted by emolina on 13 Apr, 2015 01:48 AM

Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve had an update to ThinkBook but the one coming soon is a good one:

• An updated interface, a lot more like the current Comic Zeal. It’s easier for me to maintain than the old one so I should be able to keep updates coming.

• It’s a universal app that runs on any iOS 8 device.

• iCloud syncing of notes, available as an in-app purchase. I think this one is a really big deal! ThinkBook keeps an eye on notebooks, pages and text notes with the same name on different devices. If you make a change on one device, the other devices will let you know and allow you to download the updated version.

• More notebook covers as an in-app purchase.

• Themes with a dark background available as an in-app-purchase.

• Support for the iOS document picker in backups and exports. So you can not only use Dropbox, but also iCloud Drive, box.net , Google Drive, etc. The downside to this is that some of these services haven’t yet provided great iOS extensions so they are a little clunky. Specially iCloud Drive.

I’ve included a couple of screenshots below.

If you are interested in helping out with the beta testing of this version of ThinkBook please let me know by sending an email to [email blocked].

Kind regards,

Emiliano Molina

27. 27 Posted by Andrew on 23 Apr, 2015 02:07 AM

I'd like to reiterate the other comments here and say that ThinkBook is a fantastic app and can't wait for the iPhone version.

Thanks!

28. 28 Posted by Mike R on 19 Jun, 2015 09:54 PM

I still love thinkbook but I'm a bit disappointed with the IAP for iCloud. When I picture synching, I don't imagine manually saving a backup and then manually downloading a duplicate version... Remembering which device I used last and if I made any changes, etc. Synching is SYNCHING. The app opens and there is the most recent version. I keep two iPads and a phone with ThinkBook installed and as nice as it is, this isn't the seamless synch I imagined. Other apps do it so why can't Thinkbook? I prefer ThinkBook for working but I'm leaning more toward Cloud Outliner because it uses iCloud to truly Synch, not just a place to store backups.

29. 29 Posted by Katya on 19 Jun, 2015 10:28 PM

I agree with Mike R completely.

30. 30 Posted by Mike R on 19 Jun, 2015 10:42 PM

I've followed the iCloud instructions about 5 times now. On the second device there is no "bouncing cloud" icon. Both devices have the iCloud IAP activated. Grrrr.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac