ToDos

Stephanie

06 Jan, 2013 07:42 PM

Is there anyway to have a todo's font change to be crossed out when check box?
or to have todos automatically move to bottom of list in project when checked off?
This would make it much easier when using it as todo list.
Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by emolina on 07 Jan, 2013 12:53 AM

Stephanie, if you use a todo finder they will disappear from the list of found todos when they are checked. Does that help you much? or do you really want a different way to look at them in the normal list too? The issue I have with your original suggestion is that it means adding yet another option to the app and I feel that the options menu is already quite intimidating to new users.

2. 2 Posted by Stephanie and J... on 07 Jan, 2013 06:35 PM

I guess I'm looking for a different way to view them in the normal list, don't want the extra step of using todo finder. Thanks for your quick response.

3. 3 Posted by jkevinwolfe on 29 Jan, 2013 10:12 AM

Stephanie(&J): I've found that creating a Todo Finder and keeping it collapsed at the top of the Top Level has been a smooth way of storing what I need to do. I tag entries within in my projects with "Today" and set the Todo Finder to show these. Once the Todo Finder is set up you don't have to mess with it and your current entries show there no matter where they are in ThinkBook.

That said, I wonder if a todo were just to get lightened a few shades of gray when checked while be useful. It would make them visible, but make it easier to focus on the unchecked items. My personal thought is that wouldn't require an extra preference in settings. But maybe that's just me.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac