Indent Buttons

NSO

15 May, 2012 02:23 PM

Hi, a couple of days ago, indenting and outdenting notes almost regularly makes ThinkBook crash. I am using a BT keyboard, sometimes and I am using Swipe Selection from Cydia. However, the problem is still there not using the keyboard and uninstalling Swipe Selection.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by emolina on 18 May, 2012 02:46 AM

Does this happen EVERYWHERE in your notebooks or just in a particular place?

2. 2 Posted by Nico Schmidt-Of... on 21 May, 2012 09:10 AM

It happens everywhere. I also found the extra buttons on top of the keyboard do not disappear with the keyboard, unless I scroll. After that, I sometimes can indent bz gesture. Using the buttons always makes the app crash.

3. 3 Posted by Jesse on 10 Jun, 2012 07:59 PM

I'm experiencing this as well. Also a jailbroken iPad 3.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by emolina on 12 Jun, 2012 11:48 AM

I don't think this happens on a non-jailbroken device and I don't really know what jail breaking does to one, it could have to do with the changes made to customize the devices. Has anyone seen this on standard iPad?

5. 5 Posted by Jesse Baer on 12 Jun, 2012 01:18 PM

The problem seems to be with the "Extended Support" option in a plugin
    called ActionMenu, which allows the text editing popup menu to be
    customized with things like clipboard history, custom search engines,
    etc. I've contacted the dev, Ryan Petrich, to let him know.

Thanks,
    Jesse

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by emolina on 13 Jun, 2012 06:16 AM

Ok, thank you.

7. 7 Posted by NSO on 02 Aug, 2012 07:32 AM

Thanx Jesse Baer, you are right. Uninstalling the extended action menu resolved the issue! Swipe selection works fine. I am really glad to return to thinkbook, now. Evernote did not work half as good for me...

8. 8 Posted by KC on 30 Sep, 2012 09:16 PM

Thanks very much, Jesse. I am glad to resolve that frustrating problem.

I just wanted to provide clarification to NSO's last comment in case someone else hits this. As Jesse stated, the conflict is specifically with the "Extended Support" option of Action Menu. This is a paid add-on to the base, free Action Menu extension.

Therefore, you do not need to go as far as uninstalling Action Menu (or even the Extended Support add-on) in order to avoid the conflict while using Think Book. Rather, disable the "Extended Support" option in Settings->General->Action Menu prior to using Think Book. When not in Think Book, you can enable it again.

-KC

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac