Typing bug - 1 second delay

norbu56

26 Nov, 2011 01:10 PM

Hello
I'm a writer and I'm using ThinkBook for outlining plots.
The BIG PROBLEM is that I've discovered that TB can' handle large (but not so much - about 2 pages) amount of text.
My Classic structure is:
1. Chapter
2. Scene
3. Outline of The scene
The amount of text is in Point 3 - outline

Here's The bug:
Where I enter The text for The outline I don't have BIG problems but if I collapse and then expand The scene (pont 2) and I want insert or correct some text The app lag - 1 second of delay between typing on The iPad keyboard and what I see on The screen making this app inusable for my work.
PLEASE note that I'm using iPad 2 and iOS 5.
Thanks to help me or correct this memory bug
Andrea

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by emolina on 27 Nov, 2011 11:57 PM

Hi Andrea, it's actually not a memory bug (it IS a bug!), the problem is that TB is optimized to deal with smaller bits of text and I suspect that your scenes are relatively long (compared to simple, short notes), is that correct?

2. 2 Posted by Andrea Bigiarin... on 29 Nov, 2011 02:43 PM

Yes, you're right.
    I think that if you try to resolve this ThinkBook a terrfic tool for writers and screenwriters.
    Maybe you should develop a new LongText Item to insert o make it possible to write.
    But this is only my opinion and my need as a writer.
    I'm working by years with CircusPonies Notebook and I am disappointed by the iPad version. I think to ThinkBook as a good option for structuring.
    Another thing. OPML export or clean text export (without "---"). Every time I must "wash" the outup with TextSoap application.
    All the best and let me know
    Andrea

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by emolina on 06 Dec, 2011 11:49 AM

Hi Andrea, yes, I will fix it it's just that it's a very difficult problem to fix, it doesn't sound like it but it is, I just need a little more time.

4. 4 Posted by Donna on 07 Dec, 2012 06:28 PM

Hi! I've been using ThinkBook...mainly to collect and organize recipes...and I like many of the capabilities, however...

When I'm entering, either via keyboard or 'paste', I experience considerable lag...like 5 to 10 seconds! That's too much. It's quite irritating.

Is there anything I can do to fix this on my iPad, 3rd Gen., iOS 6.01?

5. 5 Posted by jkevinwolfe on 28 Jan, 2013 10:49 AM

I had the same issue. Since ThinkBook is designed to do small hunks of text, I changed my habits and use a note per paragraph and put all the paragraphs into a page or inside another note This reduces the lag substantially. Then you have the ability to move paragraphs around as well. When you write this way It makes it easy to turn an outline into an article.

This would work as well for recipes: Each item gets its own note.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac