Will not Open

Paul Biddulph

27 May, 2011 08:57 PM

Like another reviewer, I bought this and immediately used it as my note taker of choice, with the result it holds a of important information. Now, blow me, the APP WILL NOT OPEN !! Go into the App Store, and I am told the app is temporarily unavailable and to please try later. Can someone please help as I need to access the files rather urgently.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by emolina on 27 May, 2011 10:57 PM

What happens when you try to open it?

2. 2 Posted by pjbiddulph on 28 May, 2011 07:09 AM

Nothing. The icon appears briefly on screen and then disappears and goes back to the apple apps screen

Regards
    Paul
    [email blocked]

(Sent from my iPhone4)

3. 3 Posted by pjbiddulph on 28 May, 2011 07:32 AM

On 28 May 2011 00:57, emolina <
    [email blocked]> wrote:

Nothing. The icon appears briefly on screen and then disappears and goes
    back to the apple apps screen

4. 4 Posted by pjbiddulph on 28 May, 2011 11:11 AM

Nothing. The icon appears briefly on screen and then disappears and goes
    back to the apple apps screen

5. 5 Posted by pjbiddulph on 28 May, 2011 11:38 AM

Nothing, the app Icon bbreifly appears, theen it goes and the apps page
    comes back on the iphone

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by emolina on 28 May, 2011 02:24 PM

So what I would like you to do first of all is go into iTunes file sharing and drag the notebooks.sql file out of the ThinkBook folder. Put it on your desktop somewhere so they are safe. The re-install TB and put the file back in there before you ever run it.

Once you're up and running again let me know so I can get the crash reports from you.

Before you do any of that though, have you tried rebooting your iPad?

7. 7 Posted by Kaye on 25 Sep, 2013 02:20 PM

I am having this problem today, caused i think by importing to big a picture in and it froze so I clicked out ant ever since it will not open for more than a second and crashes. A pain as it has been a fantastic app, that I use most days.

When you say desktop do you mean on my pc? Not the ipad desktop? Unfortunately I have not backed up so I am very concerned i will lose it. Is there anyway of exporting it

8. 8 Posted by kennethf_cooper on 15 Oct, 2013 02:12 PM

Same as Kaye. I was importing a picture. The slider displayed "2", which caught my attention. After about five minutes I realized it had crashed and shut down the program. Now when I start ThinkBook, it displays the screen showing the picture being imported then closes. Power cycling my iPad did not help.
    When I get home I will try Emolina's suggestion.

9. 9 Posted by kennethf_cooper on 16 Oct, 2013 01:30 AM

Emolina's suggestion worked—partly. There are other folders in the ThinkBook folder. They should be saved as well, specially the Attachments folder.
    I think you can reproduce this failure by creating a book and putting some images into it. Reinstall ThinkBook, but only restore the notebook.sqlite file. Now, when you open a book containing images, the program will crash and from then on it will immediately crash when you attempt to launch it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac